Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

gifts of gold, vacuums, and myrrh


Husband always does a wonderful job with gifts. This year was no exception. He bought me a beautiful necklace, which I wore every day of our Christmas vacation, a refill of my favorite perfume, and..... drum roll....



the most awesome vacuum cleaner known to (wo)man. It takes the cake. It's the bees knees. The best thing since sliced bread. Better than a bowl of cherries. Or a spoonful of sugar.

With attachments and an air filter just for:


the problems this little mammal brings to our home: silky brown hair and that precious canine musk.

When I told people what Husband gave me they whispered, "Are you mad at him?"
NO!
Quite the contrary. I'm ecstatic with him.
I've been beating and cursing our pathetic Dirt Devil for three years. It spit out more than it sucked up and I had to vacuum 24 hours before having company to give the house time to air out from all the heavy allergens it cast into the once-breathable oxygen. I kid you not. It was a weekly war.

And Husband did his research. The Kenmore Progressive simply rocks.
It cleans the air, the baseboards, the furniture, the carpet, the hardwood floor... I haven't tried it on the dishes, my teeth, or the dog yet, but I'm sure it would clean those too :)
Of course, Husband also proved his suave genius in giving me this trophy vacuum-cleaner along with the "pretty" things mentioned above. Smart man.
Just like I gave him classy clothing along with a gift certificate to a butcher shop.
Balance.




4 comments:

  1. That is simply fantastic. Thanks for the tip on the excellent vacuum. My husband and I have been searching for the perfect one for our own home and boy does that look like the one! And how could you be mad at a gift that makes your life so much easier? I'm sure my husband would be jealous of the butcher shop gift certificate, too. Your presents sound perfect! I may have to drop a few hints for my birthday with that vacuum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok... where did justin get that fantastic necklace? i NEED it :) hehe, as in, would LOVE to have it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talbots! It's a GREAT necklace! I didn't see it on their site, but the stores might still have it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny. I got a vacuum for Christmas, too-- a new stick vacuum. I got a Dyson Animal for Christmas about 5 years ago-- I love it so much it is ridiculous. I have to say, call me old-fashioned, but I LOVE vacuuming!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger