Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

i've been searching for years...

for a mighty mosquito zapper.
It's so bad, I sleep with Benadryl Cream on my bedside table at night from May until October.
I was fighting them off with garlic and dryer sheets last year.
And last summer, a cashier in the grocery store looked at me and said, "You smell like summer camp!" Which was a much more poetic way of telling me I smelled like I had bathed in bug spray. Which I had.
But this year, I own:

THE THERMA CELL

Husband had the opportunity to use one on a hunting trip last fall and was very impressed.

We bought one at Home Depot on Saturday, and I haven't had a fresh mosquito bite since. It's almost miraculous.

They're on sale here.

7 comments:

  1. Ordering one of these for our backyard swamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. come on, nothing is as good as the thing we had in Italy... I have distinct memories of you also acquiring very good aim with a tampon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but so little ELSE gets accomplished because mosquito warfare requires full concentration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, but you were a crack shot! I remember being so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heard about these...how do they work? Don't they target the female mozzy? Sounds marvellous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they just emit a repellent fume. Not sure, but I will look into that! All I know is THEY WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear,

    A strong fan blowing on you will keep them away too. They can't afford to expend the energy fighting against the wind.

    Love,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger