Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

the crepe myrtle cafe


Over the weekend, my sister-in-law introduced Husband and I to The Crepe Myrtle Cafe in Auburn, Alabama. And let me tell you, it is an absolute jewel. It's not just a cafe. It's a place. As in the "Sense of Place" literarians discuss in rhythmic, reverent tones.

(Yeah, I know I just made up a word. If I were French, I wouldn't legally be able to do that.)



The Crepe Myrtle Cafe is a crepe and pastry cafe that's part of a small Farmer's Market that's part of a lovely little nursery called Blooming Colors. They have jars of jams, dressings, old-fashioned peppermints, and canisters seeds, beans, and grains that you can fill with bags and take home to create photo-worthy edibles.


You can watch them cook the crepes and fill them with the freshest organic ingredients and dressings, directly from their Farmer's Market, directly from their nursery.

So, if you ever find yourself in Auburn, Alabama, The Crepe Myrtle Cafe is on the right by Kinnucan's across from the J&M Bookstore :)


12 comments:

  1. All the good stuff gets there when I'm too far away to go back! That looks amazing-- yum,yum, yum. Enjoy your weekend in Auburn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so on my list now for the fall! a game and good food, yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Hope it will catch on and spread to our neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemme just say, Courtney, I'd kill for your metabolism!! You eat all this yummy food and if I remember from one of the pics you posted, you're so tiny! God must like you best, that's all I'm saying...

    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hindsfeet, I just run it all off! Plus, my crepe was stuffed with veggies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ....Good-NESS! You didn't tell us about this wonderful-sounding place?!?!? What if I hadn't read your blog? I would never have known!:(..As Gran would say...Good Heavens!

    Fug and I shall have to try this place out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like my kind of a place. thanks for visiting!
    happy week!
    jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad I popped back over. So much fun to see. Love the baby shower ideas. Off to read some more.

    Great to see you back around the garden.

    Kate - The Garden Bell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously; you need to post something, anything, so that this picture does not appear on my blog list anymore! I'm drooling every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! Okay, Yiota I will get busy with a new post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger