Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

art-worthy jewelry organizer and other links



This is simply brilliant! It's like turning your jewelry into art.
A pegboard, fun hardware, a museum-style frame...
This one will take time to come together, as it will require perusing thrift stores and flea markets for just the right pieces at just the right prices. But what FUN in the end result??? I'd love to display the necklace Husband gave me like this....

As for hardware, I like these and these for starters.

More links for your weekend:

-Subscribe to National Geographic for just $15 a year! We are mailing our check today :)

-I love this family tree...

-I could think of at least 20 ways to wear this beautifully-Bohemian wrap.

-Don't forget about the giveaway! Leave a comment on this post to enter...

-Beautiful Valentine's Day cards for friends.

-WOW!!!

8 comments:

  1. Adorable idea - Such an elegant way to display jewelry! Cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you stopped in... and I hope you come back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, me too. I wish it was wrapped around ME :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that jewelry "storage" / display idea too. I saw one very similar -w/ framed fabric & pins for hanging the jewelry on. - had tho't we might make them on our snow day - one for each of the girls & I - but the supplies (esp. nice frames) can be pricey x 3 ... - so I postponed the project as it seems finding just the right stuff at the right price will be & a treasure hunt of sorts toward assembling a treasure "box" of sorts - to display our treasures of various sorts :) I like the pegboard tho' - it's a clever option to use in lieu of fabric - and would probably be sturdier/better for heavier jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely idea and yes, wow! about the last link!
    Thanks for the card! Hubby told me today that I had a card from a 'she' or 'he' in the States :)
    We had a good 15-minute conversation on the phone with him trying to read the card, with his limited knowledge of English, spelling most of the words 'something like a c + l combination, it could be a u but I don't think it is'; anyway, he did manage to read it in the end: so, if he's not way off basis, thanks for thinking of me and spring and the 'smiling wishes' (did he get that right?). He'll show it to me when we talk online through Windows Live. I can't wait to see it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear Courtney,

    My wonderful gift/prize arrived this afternoon. Thank you so much, I never usually win anything so I am taking this to be a good omen for the future.

    I love them.

    All joys,

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger