Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

rainy new years day


Our first days of 2011 were spent enjoying the comforts of home,
watching football, and
running a full Lord of the Rings movie marathon.

Some photos:


1. Brownie-Bottom Panna Cotta Cupcakes-- a new invention!
2. Watching Saffron turn whipping cream that beautiful reddish yellow color that goes with sunsets
3. Preparing for the traditional New Year's Day Black-Eyed Pea Fest



 Husband's "smoking" station, where he braved the rain to turn out a feast of Boston Butt and Chicken, smoked and seasoned to perfection with a homemade rub, sugar, and cider vinegar.

Now, it's back to normal!



2 comments:

  1. OK, now you need to post your daily workout for us, because you certainly don't look like you eat this kind of yummy food. Saffron whipped cream is the most decadent thing I've ever heard of. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS decadent! Very good... and oh so pretty! But far too expensive to eat often. I had no idea until I reached the Fresh Market cash register what the stuff costs! $16 for about a tablespoon... whew.

    Anyway, I work out at the gym for an hour twice a week and I run between 2 and 4 miles three days a week. And walk the dog daily. Which I tell myself means I get to eat Saffron Whipped Cream whenever I want :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger